Features to Consider When Planning Your Conservatory17/10/2017
Expanding the amount of available living space is the dream of many homeowners. Installing a conservatory or orangery is more cost-effective than a full brick extension. Many of our customers express their pleasure at the added amount of natural light that a conservatory brings into their lives. Adding a conservatory also brings out the interior designer in a lot of people – here are some of the features that you’ll have to think about.
- Interior Doors. To gain access to your new conservatory from your house, you will need a door. There are all sorts of possibilities here and your choice will probably be a reflection of how you intend to use the space. Consider sliding options or bi-fold doors for larger conservatories.
- Guttering and Drainage. Perhaps the least glamorous of these considerations, but important nonetheless. Talk to our experts about the optimal repositioning of any drainpipes that run down the side of your house where you want to position your new conservatory.
- Garden Views. You are going to have an optimal view of your garden, so make sure that it is looking its best. Plant some new flowers and shrubs and tidy up the raggedy edges of the lawn.
- Furniture. Conservatories and orangeries are versatile intersections between the indoors and the outdoors. As such, they can look good bedecked with patio-style furniture or a three-piece suite.
- Flooring. Tiled flooring is particularly popular at the moment, but the full range of flooring options are available to you. Have you considered underfloor heating?
- Blinds. There will be times when you want to make your conservatory a cosy little den at night time. Blinds help you to achieve this. They can also be used in the daytime to block direct sunbeams.
Our installation team will take care of the structural work, so you can enjoy planning the features of your new extension. To see our conservatories in person – to get an idea of the possibilities available to you – come to either of our showrooms in Wymondham or Diss. Our sales team will be able to answer all of your questions.
What would feature in your dream conservatory? Let us know on Twitter.